Job Title: Marketing Manager – One-year Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to: The President
Location: Maynooth, Co. Kildare – Pontifical University, St. Patrick’s College (PU-SPCM)
Start Date: 1st February 2021 start or as soon thereafter
Closing Date: 15th January 2021
Overview of the Role
If you have experience of marketing in the Higher Education sector, we would like to hear from you. We are seeking to hire a flexible, versatile and hands-on marketing executive who will be responsible for the recruitment and retention of students for a wide range of fascinating undergraduate and postgraduate courses - both full time and part-time - at the Pontifical University, St. Patrick’s College Maynooth.
As Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of the Pontifical University's marketing and student recruitment strategy as well as effective management of the annual marketing budget.
- You will provide advice and guidance on undergraduate and postgraduate recruitment issues to staff across the Pontifical University, to include course portfolio development by using market intelligence i.e. educational sector insights, student trends, market analysis, marketing best practises.
- You will manage the gathering and use of data to inform University strategy and contribute to decision-making concerning the University’s recruitment plan and reputation, and develop marketing campaigns with specific objectives across different channels to various student segments and identified defined target audiences.
- You will promote and raise awareness of the Theology and Arts, Theology and Philosophy courses at the Pontifical University, St. Patrick's College Maynooth, nationally and internationally, with key internal and external interest groups and by representing the University at off-campus or on-campus recruitment events.
- To be successful in this role, you will be demonstrating your creativity in developing effective promotional and advertising projects.
- You will be using your experience of campaign delivery via all social media platforms, as well as using your knowledge and understanding of website analytics to achieve success.
To ensure that St. Patrick’s College Maynooth Pontifical University builds and maintains a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels, requires a certain kind of person. You should be driven and ambitious to succeed in the highly competitive student market. Creativity and imagination as well as having an eye for detail will be important to finding effective ways of getting things done. You should be cognisant of the ethos of the College and welcome the opportunity to work in such historic surroundings. In summary, you should be someone who wants to achieve great things - but not at all costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a lead role in developing, implementing and managing the University’s marketing and student recruitment strategy to support the University’s strategic objectives with an emphasis on developing the use of web, e-marketing and social media.
- Develop and own the implementation of successful marketing campaigns for student recruitment and retention; deploy a variety of organic and paid-for acquisition channels;
- Co-ordination, curation and production of engaging content on the College’s website and other social media platforms that attracts and converts target student groups. Ensuring that all information is kept up to date and accurate; assisting in the co-ordination of other contributors to these digital media channels;
- Oversee and approve marketing collateral, from website banners to hard and soft copy materials as required;
- Assisting in the compiling and delivering the timely production of any brochures, forms, or publications required by PU-SPCM, g., prospectuses, booklets, application forms, and other relevant promotional material;
- Attendance at promotional events, Open Days and Careers Fairs etc., involving some travel and out of hours working;
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess performance against agreed goals;
- Analyse student behaviour and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly;
- Assisting other officers of the College in the preparation of promotional material for distribution to potential Students, Staff and Patrons and the general public, to increase the brand identity of the College;
- In conjunction with the Schools Liaison Officer, facilitate in-house visits by visiting school groups and guidance counsellors to encourage applications through the CAO; deputising for the school’s liaison person as necessary;
- To undertake other duties/ project work not specifically stated above as directed by the President or Registrar, and;
- To attend and take part in relevant college boards and systematically gather market and competitor intelligence and conduct market research, disseminating findings across the faculty; working with the Deans and Directors of programmes to use that information in the revision and development of new portfolios of
- Develop a network of relevant marketing contacts within and outside the University and use this network to inform the development of University
- Manage the development and market analysis/testing of departmental and faculty-level promotional material for publication via print, web, new media by liaising with departmental staff, and relevant
- To direct and manage the work programme of a Marketing Intern, who will report directly to you;
- Allocate marketing resources wisely and provide quarterly budget updates;
- Enhance existing/develop new relationships with schools and colleges and other national organisations where appropriate Theology and Arts or Philosophy applicants are to be
- Develop and organise a range of faculty-level on-campus recruitment events (such as RE-Vision) by liaising with departmental staff and relevant colleagues.
- Act as the lead for University-wide recruitment events, such as the Open Days, by liaising with departmental staff and relevant colleagues in the
- Present the study of the Theology and Arts, Theology and Philosophy at appropriate off-campus events, and to visitors, applicants and families on-campus.
- Develop the University's management information on student recruitment and produce reports for the President/Deans/Director of Postgraduate Studies to inform the development of University policy and to target new recruitment
- Service the University’s Marketing and Recruitment Committee and co-ordinate the business of this committee in conjunction with the President
- Attend the Faculty Undergraduate Studies and Postgraduate Studies Committees where appropriate.
- Service certain sub-committees and ad hoc working groups as determined from time to time by the President or the Registrar.
- To liaise with the School's Liaison Officer relating to other externally related engagement
- To work with colleagues in the Pontifical University Office to provide an effective, efficient and friendly support service to the constituent departments of the Faculties and the wider College community, including suggesting ways in which this service might be enhanced or
- To undertake professional development, including annual performance and development review, and any other duties required by President
Internal: President, Deans of Faculties, Directors of Postgraduate Studies, Education Programmes, & Pastoral Training, Registrar, Bursar and Pontifical Office Administrator, School's Liaison Officer.
External: Schools, colleges; current and prospective students, advertising, design and PR agencies
This list is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of this position; it is not intended to be inclusive of all duties the role holder may be requested to undertaken
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or equivalent in marketing, business, or relevant related field
- Proven experience of or involvement in Higher Education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience developing and managing marketing plans and campaigns
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with an eye for creativity
- Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy and tools
- Hands-on team player with proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels
This is a fixed term Contract position for a period of one year. The salary level will be based on market rates combined with the applicants’ level of experience. Candidates should be available to take up the role by 1st February 2021 or very soon thereafter. St. Patrick’s College Maynooth is an Equal Opportunities Employer
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 5.00p,m, on 15th January 2021